Sunday, February 3, 2013

Visual Tools

Visual tools were always something that intimidated me. I always loved the idea of creating digital stories or videos with my classes but it seemed like too much to take on considering the young ages of my students. I just imagined that I would end up doing all the work. This week, while trying to look through all the resources in my text book on Visual Tools, I came across Animoto. Since you can make a 30 second video for free, I decided to try it. It was so easy and so much fun! I made a short video of pictures of my first graders on Teddy Bear day.
Since then, my mind has been racing with ideas on how to use the technology with my students for more than just displaying pictures of them (although I'm sure the parents will love it when I link it to my class blog). Next week I am starting a new Unit on Biographies with my third graders. I think they would LOVE to make short videos with captions of someone that they read about! I'm looking forward to trying it with them. Again, I have to acknowledge the wonderful teachers and coordinators who are part of my Ed Tech class for their inspiring work and ideas. I am learning so much from all of them.
http://animoto.com/play/GoDowz01Z8LBsvj2TD7krA

No comments:

Post a Comment