Saturday, January 12, 2013


When  I first started thinking about this week’s lesson, using podcasts and vodcasts in the classroom, I guess I was thinking about it more as a teaching tool to use with my students and not as much as an instrument for learning. I imagined myself making vodcasts to attach to my websites. I thought about videotaping myself teaching a certain math concept that my students could refer to if they were studying or having difficulty with a concept. I thought I could also find vodcasts online that I could send them to if they wanted to learn something. This week, while researching for this assignment, I came across some great podcasts done by first and second grade students. I was listening to them read their stories online and I began to think differently about podcasts and their uses. What a great way to practice reading and improve fluency for young readers! As a first and third grade teacher, I’m always trying to find ways to use technology with my students that is grade appropriate. During this course, I often started out the weeks thinking my kids are too young to use this technology. But the more that I research and look what others from this course are doing, the more uses I find for my little ones.  I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing with vodcasts and podcasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment