Sunday, January 20, 2013

Productivity Tools

I am slightly overwhelmed by the amount of productivity tools that I was exposed to in this week's lesson. I feel like it will take me weeks to really go through all of them and see how I can use them effectively. I've been told that using Google Docs is a great way to always have access to your documents. As a person who has always used Microsoft Word, I was reluctant to make the change. The arguments make sense: always have access to documents, don't have to worry about saving on a usb, able to collaborate on one document etc. Today someone in my group posted about Google Cloud Connect, and he absolutely made my day! Google Cloud Connect allows me to continue to use Word and then sync my document into Google Docs. I feel like I have to best of both worlds now. I can continue using Word and still have all the advantages of Google Docs. I am very grateful to the amazing educators that I am learning with in this Ed Tech course.

No comments:

Post a Comment